Saturday, April 18, 2015

Big Shot Big Shoes

Patchogue, NY - I remember the first time I saw the Billy Joel cover band "Big Shot". It was almost a decade ago and it was at Mulcahy's in Selden or Centereach - I can't really remember.  What I do remember is how popular the band was and how DRUNK and ROWDY the Entire crowd was.

Also, I couldn't stop thinking about how much the band's lead singer, Mike Del Guidice sounded like Billy Joel.

So, last night my friend Tara invited me to come out to go see Big Shot - how could I say no?

Things for both Billy and Big Shot have changed since then.  In the past year or two Billy Joel has agreed to play at Madison Square Garden once a month until the public no longer wants him (until he stops selling tickets). Currently, members of Joel's past and present band periodically play with Big Shot.

Even more fascinating, now Mike DelGuidice is a part of the band.  Can you believe that?  Mike DelGuidice really is a Big Shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment