Monday, December 16, 2013

Have Fun, Connect and the Rest will Come


Today I received some words of encouragement from one of my favorite authors, Jillian Lauren.  I'm truly beaming like a movie star at the Academy Awards over this correspondance. 
As an author, Jillian Lauren is very inspirational to me.  She has an amazing life story which she wrote into a best-selling memoir, Some Girls: My Life in a Harem.  She also authored a beautifully written fiction story, Pretty.
I have been following Jillian ever since Some Girls came out and last week I finally felt the need to tell her how amazing her story was and how she continues to be an inspiration to me.
In the e-mail I also told her a little bit about my story: having everything, losing everything, being a single mom, being an aspiring writer, being a former journalist, eating disorders, panic disorders and everything in between.  I also mentioned this blog seeking out some advice because Jillian also maintains a very popular blog about motherhood and life in general. 
Apparently she read my e-mail (all few thousand words - lol) and had some words of encouragement for me when she was done... 
In regard to my pipe dream (this blog) she told me to have fun, connect with people and the rest will just come.  I think this easy, free, real, raw statement is true for everything in life.  All we need to do is have fun, connect with the people we love and everything else in the world will come. 
Today I'm taking this statement as my mantra.  As long as I'm having a good time and making the connections I need to make, good things will happen. 
Thank you, Jillian!  You continue to inspire!

No comments:

Post a Comment