Thursday, October 17, 2013

Am I on the right track?


I often ask myself, "Am I on the right track?" or "Am I doing the right thing?"  I think so.  But ME knowing isn't good enough - I want to hear it from somebody else.  So, I second guess myself and reach out to friends and family and ask "Is this right for me?"  I listen and wait for the appropriate response: "Yup.  You're getting it right."
The truth is - no matter how wise another person is and no matter how invested they are in your success - we need to come to this conclusion on our own.  Thankfully, our mind, body and spirit will guide us in the right direction each time.  We just need to listen and act. 
How does our body let us know that what we are doing is right?  Think: gut reaction.  When things are wrong we're overcome with menacing nerves, upset stomach and hesitation.  When things are right we feel elation, success and drive.  Listen to your gut the same way you would listen to advice from a loved one.  The results will be bountiful - especially when your gut reaction takes you away from danger.      
Another way we know we're headed in the right direction is when things "are meant to be."
Over the course of my life, many wise people have told me: "Things that are supposed to happen should come naturally."  In other words we are given what we are supposed to receive.  Don't overanalyze or overwork.  When we work against ourselves its a sign that the situation is not meant to be and the sooner we get rid of it the better off we will be.
A common example of this is: You are absolutely determined to make your marriage work.  Though in reality its crumbling.  You are constantly overanalyzing every conversation and interaction you have with your husband.  Your husband has zero respect for you.  He spends all of his free time with friends.  He wants no part of you.  Sadly, there are so many of us that will continue to try and make this work - but that's so unnatural because this marriage would be a step in the wrong direction.  The right path will be easy to navigate like traveling down a freshly paved, traffic-free straight road.  On the other hand, the wrong path will be nearly impossible to trek through like the thick of the Siberia in winter.  Always let the road to your marriage be walkable!
Now we understand that we need to listen to our gut like its advice from Oprah; and we understand that what's right will come naturally.  Now, can we ask our spirit guide for advice?
I too was not familiar with the term "spirit guide" but I've come to understand that it is the being that is greater than ourselves that will guide us in the right direction.       
As an example, a few days ago I met up with some old friends.  One of these friends has been studying metaphysics for many years and wanted to take us to a small shop in Port Jefferson, where she knows the shop's owner who is a psychic medium and acurately performed a reading on my friend many years ago.
After looking through the healing crystals, incense, candles, metaphysical books and other various witch supplies, my friend brought me to the front of the shop and asked me to pick a deck of cards from a choice of about seven different stacks.  I chose the stack with an illustration of a mermaid and was asked to shuffle the cards.  Before choosing a card at random, my friend told me to think of a question and my spirit guide was supposed to lead me to the correct card.  So I asked:  "Am I going in the right direction?"  I wanted to know if all of the goodness, morality and kindness I am guiding myself with these days is going to lead to prosperity.  Is my goodness going to "payoff" in other words - will I be happy? Will I be able to provide for my daughter?  Will my family accept me?
I chose a card that only said, "giving care." So I picked up the stack's corresponding dictionary and read the cards meaning.  After digesting the information I thought, "thank you spirit guide." Because what the card said was exactly what I needed to hear: I am going down the right direction and I alone am the only one that will know that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment